Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Sisters Dare

I recently saw this somewhere in my travels around the web:


Mary Pickford, early movie actress. In this day and age of HD I think we lose something. My brother has a very nice TV. It is so clear and sharp! However, it makes everything look rather cheap. Movies start looking more like badly shot documentaries and all the news people look even scarier than normal. Maybe a little softness around the edges wasn't so bad after all!

I love looking at old photographs. One time when I was scrolling through some old pictures of actresses, I came upon the Sisters Dare. I was enraptured by the splendid photography and lavish costumes.

Phyllis:


Zena:
Don't they look like fun?

You can read more about them here:

Phyllis Dare

Zena Dare

No comments:

Post a Comment