Monday, July 6, 2009

A CdV Obsession

I've always had a lot of fun looking at CdV's. They are such interesting windows into the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carte_de_visite

Some cool ones:


Sooo cute!! Love the casual pose the little boy on the right is striking!



All I have to say is: kaPUNCH!



A very pretty religious one.



Another one along the same theme.



I love this one! Not sure what is up with the sashes, but I love their sideburns and hats!



Gotta love those interesting backgrounds!



Absolutely gorgeous wedding picture!



So adorable!

4 comments:

  1. I love the two "religous-y" ones, and the last one is so cute.
    I have to ask though. What does CDV stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carte-de-visit, which means visiting card in French. They weren't used as calling cards, but they were called that because they were similar in size to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Smiles!
    Welcome to the world of blogging! Looking forward to witticisms from you :)

    I had never heard of CDV's before! Where did you find them or hear of them? I thought the "Kapunch" one was of your brother at first - reminds me of those old-fashioned photos you had taken before?!

    See ya round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :D Should be lots of fun!

    You can find CdVs on eBay, flea markets, or antique stores. They are not too expensive and therefore fun to collect! These were all found on eBay, but I own quite a few as well. I should put those up. :D

    ReplyDelete